The Historic St. Cloud Hotel
The Hotel St. Cloud is working toward reclaiming its place as the keystone to Historic downtown Cañon City. The Foundation managing the renovation is accepting pledged donations from the community to assist in their efforts.
- Originally built at this location in 1890, the Hotel St. Cloud is one of the oldest hotels still standing in the State of Colorado. Originally constructed in nearby Silver Cliff in 1878-1879, when the silver industry busted, the owner dismantled the hotel and shipped the materials to Canon City, where it was constructed at its current location at 6th and Main.
- It is a contributing building to the National Register “Canon City Downtown Historic District”.
- Excellent example of the Second Empire style
- Elevator added in 1892 – the first in Canon City.
- Bar and billiard room added in 1892.
- Offices of the Cripple Creek Stage, Mail and Express Company were located in the building.
- Decreed a “first class hotel” by the local paper, the Hotel St. Cloud became a popular destination for those visitors who came to Canon City to partake of the healing waters of the natural springs nearby.
- Served as a home away from home for the rich movie-making industry of Canon City’s history. Tom Mix is among the silent film stars who graced the guest registry.
- At one time, was operated by the first female business owner on Main Street
- The Future of Yesterday Foundation, stewards of the building, obtained its 501(c)3 status from the Internal Revenue Service and the State of Colorado.
Do you have an experience or a story about the Hotel St. Cloud? Tell us about it! SUBMIT YOUR STORY
We had another damaged window at the Hotel St. Cloud! Replacement cost is estimated at $300 to $350. Vice President Jimmy Characky along with volunteer Michael Mahoney responded to the call from the alarm company and went to local hardware store to purchase wood to board up the window. We need your help to restore this historic building and keep it safe!
Join us for our First Night Market of the summer! It is a 6 Night Series!
Local merchant pop-ups
Games for everyone
As always, Night Market starts at 5 and goes until 10, has free entry, and is open to all ages.
A portion of every dollar spent goes to the Hotel St. Cloud restoration fund!
We are looking for Vendors, Food Trucks & Farmers for the Night Markets this summer! Submit your info to us! We would love to have you join our fun event that is free to the public and benefits the Hotel St. Coud!
After many years, the future of the Hotel St Cloud in Cañon City has become bright and positive. This hotel (one of the oldest in the State of Colorado!) has been in a deteriorating condition for decades. Though we, as stewards of this remarkable building have maintained it, there is much work to be accomplished in order to renovate the building. With your involvement it can be restored to its previous grandeur and once again become a crucial part of Main Street and its Historic District community in Cañon City.
Drum Roll Please! The numbers are in! The Prohibition Party hosted by the Future of Yesterday Foundation (a 501c3 Non-profit) to benefit the Hotel St. Cloud raised $8691.85! That is almost $500 more than last year! Thank you to everyone that attended the party, donated to our silent auction, volunteered their time and our generous sponsors Trent Rundell at Allstate & Faricy Ford! See you in December Dollface!
Nick Landry Photography
Get Your Tickets for Most Coveted Party of the Year, The Prohibition Party at The Robison Mansion Hosted by the Future of Yesterday Foundation on December 3, 2016 from 7 to Midnight!
Profits benefit the Hotel St. Cloud Restoration Fund.
Tickets available at these fine retailers! Tickets are limited.
The Bean Pedaler: 420 Main St, Cañon City, CO
Altered Antiques: 1131 Main St. Canon City, CO
The Pour House: 202 W Main St, Florence, CO
- 1 of 2